Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Yesterday was such a sad day.My gran phoned me to tell me my cousin's 17 year old daughter Kay had died.She had an epileptic fit and her heart stopped and they couldn't revive her.She was severely disabled and she'd never walked or talked.But,she did smile and that made up for everything else.It took me forever to get through to my cousin on the phone it was always busy.Then when i did i didn't know what to say "sorry" just didnt seem enough.She said she'd spent all day lying on her bed with her face in her pillow because she could still smell her on it.When she said that i was choking back tears.
The funeral is on friday so i ordered flowers from interflora online to be sent to the funeral.I felt so helpless being here i wanted to give my cousin a hug and try and help but all i can do is sent flowers it just seems so little.

Comments:
My heart goes out to you, and her, in this. My heart broke a little when I read about the bit with the pillow. Loss is never easy and it sucks to be so far away as to not be able to help. I hope she manages to get through this.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?